Sunday, August 26, 2012

I'm just very passionate, problem?

Howdy folks.

This time I really have no excuse for not updating my blog. I have a lot of free time on my hands but I didn't have the heart to write a post. :insert'f*ckmeright'memehere:

It's been awhile since I quitted my job, currently I'm spending most of my time at home. Not that I'm complaining. It's less than a month left before I depart for UK. That's right folks, I'm flying off to UK this September 20th! Although, my current situation is a bit complicated. Quite a long story to explain to those who ask, so I'm just gonna write it here. If you're interested to know, proceed.

As some of you already know, I was selected for the "Skim Pelajar Cemerlang Kolej Professional MARA (SPCKPM) program, my interview was a success and MARA decided to send me to UK. Some of my friends are being sent to Australia, but I remember during the interview, the interviewer exact words were, " We're not gonna send you to Australia because nanti you graduate you will receive a general degree (I don't even know what that is), study penat2 tapi susah nak guna sijil, rugi kan?". I'm wondering why are they still sending their candidates to Australia anyway?

MARA tried to send me to Queen's Uni, but it'll take 3 years to finish my Degree. MARA thought it's a waste of time, so they tried Cardiff, Birmingham City and Aston. For some reasons, they didn't try to send me to Newcastle. Though they didn't say it directly, one of the emails sent by the officer stated that "Newcastle will only accept 6.5 and above for IELTS", which I guess they thought is pretty tough to achieve. True enough, none of the candidates that were first sent to Newcastle achieved the target, forcing MARA to relocate them to other universities that set lower IELTS qualification. In my opinion, it's not that those students suck at English, but they weren't prepared for the test. Imagine you suddenly have to sit for a test you don't even know what kind of. I was lucky that my homie Yan lent me her IELTS book so I got a glimpse of how the test is conducted. I know it's a language test, but just like my homie Haris said, "test mesti ada format nak jawab, kalau takde cemana nak marking?", which was somewhat true.

Anyway, MARA was actually gonna send me to Birmingham City. Alhamdulillah I got 7.5 for my IELTS (Merciful Allah, thank You T_T) and I guess it surprised MARA. When I emailed them my result, they quickly called me the next morning and said, "tahniah on your IELTS, it exceeds our expectation. We're not gonna send you to BCU anymore, we're sending you to Newcastle." I asked them have I received an offer letter from Newcastle, and they said no but they're working on it, and that I shouldn't worry =.=

So yeah currently I don't know the status of my university offer letter, but the MARA offer letter and agreement stated that I will be sent to Newcastle Uni, with full confidence, in bold and capital letters. They asked us to settle our visa, but how the heck am I supposed to do that without an offer letter from the uni?! T.T

Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful that MARA is helping me to realise my dream, but I just wish they had done it more systematically and time-mannerly. I have to find a place to stay, make friends with seniors there etc but I'm not sure where will they be sending me. T.T sighh but there's nothing I can do, I'm just gonna have faith in them.

Regardless, I will still depart for UK this 20 September, be it to Newcastle or Birmingham City. I'd prefer Newcastle but BCU is fine. It's scary and exciting at the same time. I've always wanted this, it's the main reason I rejected UiTM and stayed in KPM. I've missed the chance to study abroad after SPM because I was an idiot (no regrets, though). I hope this time it all goes well. InsyaAllah, amin.

Fighting!